Saturday, February 15, 2014

Poor, dead Edward Q

Stitched up my first fantasy library catalog card for a book that doesn't exist.

Edward Q, Seal Hunter (2014). Hand embroidery on a fantasy
library catalog for a book that doesn't exist. 


Poor Edward Qautsaulittuq, 1879-1919, Inuit seal hunter from Labrador, Canada, who fell in love with a seal.

She rejected him.

Who wouldn't want to read poetry about seal murder, ardor and the
frozen sea?


He spent several months roaming the shore, writing poetry, reeling from the sting of insufficient love. A happy ending was not in store for Edward Q. In his introduction, professor Jaques Niege-Neuf describes the poet's demise, found frozen on the ice with his verse against his chest, in a seal skin journal.

Stitched with 2 strand of DMC cotton.


Yes, I'm being playful.

My deck gargoyle is equally sick of Old Man Winter.


And now, for no good reason except the colors make me happy on this dreary, cold, gray winter day (not as bad as Edward Q's cold, but depressing enough for me) Look at Arturo, my art hound, with bright flowers and my artwork in the background. 

Arturo wags his tail!! 


Hurry up, spring time. I'm barely hanging on!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! It's such a fun idea! I can't wait to see what other ones you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a book that is. Your stitching is divine!!
    Buck up sweetie - temps in the 60's and 70's this coming week. I'll be ready to turn on my AC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - You know lots of "Rebeccas"

    ReplyDelete