Monday, August 19, 2013

Scenes: Making marks with paint and thread

More scenes from my recent work with watercolors, pattern, colors and threads.

Honeycomb 1 (2013) Watercolor & pearl cotton thread.


WIP: Honeycomb 2 (2013) Watercolor & pearl cotton thread.

Right now I'm playing.  

Honecomb 1 (5" x 5"). 

Sketchbook grids.


I'm teaching myself how to do this. Several have gotten messed up. I have piles of drafts.

Playing with paint at my table. 140lb watercolor paper.

Honeycomb 2 (2013). This one got a little messed up. Oh well.

I know it's right for me because I'm having so much fun with it. 

4 comments:

  1. I have a special gallon sized Ziploc full of pieces that are "mistakes".
    Keep going, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly mesmerizing. Loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you had fun with this. Love your experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I love the hexagons even more than the square grids!

    ReplyDelete