Wednesday, June 5, 2013

#BrooklynTweets bound!

I’m headed to Brooklyn tomorrow to visit one of my very favorite families in the whole wide world, the KINSELLAS! 

Woot-hoo!





And I timed my trip to so that I can meet an artist that I greatly admire, Iviva Olenick, and participate in a fantastic art experience she is producing.


As part of her EmbroideryPoems #BrooklynTweets project, Iviva has created

a poetry reading and musical performance. As poets read and musicians play, embroiderers will stitch snippets of lyrics and verse to create new, “found” poems.

It should be a boundary-pushing, artistic night.



Kevin Kinsella's art criticism blog, New First Unexpected.


I’m also thrilled that poet, blogger and Russian translator Kevin Kinsella will be reading his poetry at the event.


So if you’re in the NYC area on Thursday, 6/6/13, please come to the Local 61. I’d love to meet you!


Here are the details:

Thursday, June 6, 6-9pm
@61 Local, 61 Bergen Street near Smith Street
F/G to Bergen Street

Read more about Olenick’s project on the New York Times Magazine blog.


And if you're there, please say hello, OK? 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could join you! But I'm stuck at home with my damn wiener kids. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete