Monday, October 25, 2010

Getting lost in my own gray town

Today the world was gray, rainy and oddly warm. The air felt like mushroom soup. I got hopelessly lost in a town that I’ve lived in for 10 years.  So profoundly lost that I wound up in a huge cemetery that I’ve never seen before and hope to never see again.  The sense of disorientation was almost overwhelming.

Imagine this: Instead of being alone and surrounded by muted grays of the tombstones and the clouds, you are awash in color, radiating red or orange or fuchsia from the core of your tiny body out, immersed in a sea of your vibrantly colored friends.

That is what these needle felted bulbs must feel when then roll around together.  Can you imagine their intense joy and sense of connection to each other?


Even adults need colors and toys.

4 comments:

  1. Like so much of your work, seeing these bulbs always makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first reaction is that I'm glad that the bulbs have each other! Colorful bulbs curled up together, taking comfort in their group content.

    Friends are important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They bring me so much joy! I am so happy you have started this blog to share your creativity with THE WHOLE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of those bulbs looks like me!

    ReplyDelete